Sunday, May 8, 2011

M.C. Walker Self Reflection

Throughout the Qualitative Inquiry in Education course, I have actually started to think of myself as a future researcher. Up to this point in the LLL program, I have thought of myself as a reader of articles, a writer and a student, but this is the first time I have seriously considered the type of research I am interested in doing in the future and how to actually accomplish that goal. I guess I could say that I have grown from a student into a budding researcher.

Throughout the course, I tried to contribute to my colleagues. Most of the time this dialogue happened during class time. I was able to contribute a few times through the blog, but I honestly had very few conversations on the blog. I would have liked to support my colleagues more online, but I did try to contribute during class time.

I found the majority of the reading during this course very helpful. At first, I was good at completing the majority of the assigned reading, but as I became involved in my mini-inquiry project, the reading I was doing for my project overshadowed the assigned class reading and at times I was an article behind in class. However, during this time, I was able to complete my practice assignments.

Because some of the information explored during the class was new to me, it was a challenge to explore the topics critically, but I definitely attempted to see the topics through a variety of lenses.

I am usually very comfortable sharing my ideas and opinions in class. I actually often try to monitor myself so as not to over share. I hope I struck a good balance between sharing my own ideas and listening to others in order to revise my personal views.

During the course, I completed the blog assignments and was an editor of one of the wikispace posts, but I could have done a better job supporting my colleagues online and perhaps reflected more on the blog.

I attended all "face" classes this semester! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment